Germany – USA Lab Exchange Program
We offer the possibility of an international laboratory experience through a student exchange between the CMITE lab (Cell-Matrix Interactions and Tissue Engineering) in the Dept. of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Michigan and G.E.R.N..
This exchange allows students from either the University of Michigan or the University of Freiburg to gain tissue engineering and regenerative medicine hands-on laboratory research experience.
• Professionally mentored laboratory experience abroad
• Hands-on translational science in an established research endeavor between the two laboratories
• Embed your thesis into this opportunity
• Broaden your scientific career aims
• Improve your language skills and experience another culture
• Students already admitted to the Global Exchange Program can, in addition to participating in classes, participate in the G.E.R.N. – CMITE lab exchange. In this case, you must be enrolled at the University of Freiburg or the University of Michigan at the time of application and for the entirety of the stay abroad.
• Students not funded by the Global Exchange Program can also participate
If you are interested, we strongly suggest that you contact Prof. Bernd Rolauffs at G.E.R.N. or Prof. Jan Stegemann at the University of Michigan in the Department of Biomedical Engineering as early as possible to learn more about our research, the exchange program and funding possibilities.
Professor Bernd Rolauffs
Engesserstraße 4 · 79108 Freiburg, DE
Please use the contact form on this website
Professor Jan Stegemann
Lurie Biomedical Engineering Bldg
University of Michigan
1101 Beal Avenue · Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2110, USA